…soooo… I admit, I was rather lazy and also busy the last time – lazy concerning posting at my blog and busy because of working at several projects…
At the moment I am working at a new 12th century dress, yeah, my 4th now, but actually I have just one 12th centuy dress which is wearable at the moment – my blue 12th century dress with the gathered body part and the pearl embroidery.
My second 12th century dress was more an exercise in handsewing and I never finished it – I am also not sure if I will finish it because I lost now so much weight that it doesn’t fit anymore – but there is also a good message – my first dress fits now perfectly again. *lol*
Well, I gave my third 12th centruy dress, which I made for Gulf Wars (SCA event in March in Mississippi / USA), to Kahina, a very nice lady and a very good friend of mine who is situated in the kingdom of Meridies (USA/Florida) – I am glad to say that the dress fits her perfectly – unfortunatelly I couldn’t prewash the fabric for this dress and after washing it got too small and short.
…what is left now from my 12th century wardrobe is my blue 12th century dress with the gathered body part and the pearl embroidery, my veil and the 12th century silk underdress I finished before Gulf Wars (SCA event in May in Sweden) – yay, I promise to post more pics of the underdress soon – therefore I decided that I need another 12th century dress, especially since I have such a lovely silk underdress now that would go perfectly with it.
Now a little bit more about my new project – the lovely red silk you can see above is from India, Alexandra, a good friend of mine, brought me 5m of it from her journey through India. One problem I had to deal with concerning this fabric is that its colour “bleeds” awfully but to minimize this problem I found some nice red silk (a little bit darker than this silk) with a little bit grey colour in it for the lining and the decoration parts – this silk fabric doesn’t “bleed” and if it takes on some of this red colour, it doesn’t matter like it would with another colour.
I already cut out the body part and cut the slit neck – yay, I became a fan of slit necks and I blame my sister Ezabella for it. …I also already attached the upper sleave part and the maunches are already finished but I will post about them in another posting because I promised to make a step-by-step photo tutorial of how I assemble them… so soon you will see more pics of this projects.